The Delano Spirit of Community Trail highlights the history of places and people that have made Delano the gem it is today.
The first phase of the Trail debuted on September 19, 2020 includes 16 sites, marked by bronze medallions in the sidewalk and plaques on the corresponding building or post.
First, download a QR code reader on your smart phone. Start at the old Village Hall, then follow the Trail and scan the code on the plaque to learn more about the history of that location.
The City of Delano and local organizations have worked together to create the Spirit of Community Trail in preparation for the 150th anniversary.
Please make the effort to preserve our community's history by helping to create the Delano Heritage Trail.
What are your skills and passions? How can you help?
We need people to:
- Tell the stories, (without the stories photos and facts lose their meaning).
- Record, write and proof the stories,
- find the facts,
- find the photos,
- create signs
- create maps, paper and electronic,
- create interactive web pages,
- create kid friendly activities at sites,
- bring other ideas to make the Delano Heritage Trail meaningful for all ages in the community and those new to the area.
Click HERE for a link to an article regarding the project in the Delano Herald Journal.